REMOVES BUILT IN CORROSION FROM
2. REMOVES SCALES, DISCOLOURATION &
3. STOPS CORROSION & RESTORES FULL
4. REMOVES METALLIC CONTAMINANTS, OXIDE SCALES,
RUST SPOTS & ANNEALING COLOURS.
5 GIVES A FLAWLESS, UNIFORM, SMOOTH
CONTAMINATION FREE, STERILE PARTICLE FREE,
Pickling passivation ensures corrosion
resistance to components of stainless steel and
thus considerably influences their life and
The corrosion resistance of stainless steel is
due to the presence of atleast thirteen percent
chromium in the alloy. With oxygen, the chromium
forms a dense chemically resistant passive layer
of chromic oxide protecting the surface of the
component against corrosion. The passive layer
usually forms again after abrasion. The
precondition to corrosion resistance and passive
layer is a metallically pure surface with a
sufficiently high percentage of chromium.
Every mechanical treatment damages the top layer of components i.e.
I) contamination with Ferritic matter,
2) change in the structure of the layers,
3) development of inbuilt stress,
4) reduction of chromium content.